Sunday, November 29, 2015

Decorating the Mansion- Part 2- Christmas in the Mansion at the Rahr

I hope everyone had a wonderful and cheerful Thanksgiving celebration with family and friends.  Now that the last of the turkey is being used up as leftovers, are you beginning to feel the thrill and anticipation of Christmas? 

The opening of the Christmas in the Mansion display at the Rahr Art Museum in Manitowoc, Wisconsin kicked off the Christmas holiday season according to my schedule and for those whose schedule permitted a visit to the museum after the city parade on Wednesday, November 25, 2015.  If you happen to miss my previous article, "A Sneak Peek at Christmas in the Mansion 2015" which featured the tree and decorations in the doll room at the Rahr Art Museum before the official opening of the display, you can catch the article here:  Part 1-A Sneak Peek at Christmas in the Mansion. 

Since I promised those friends who read my article that I would also feature some of the remaining artists in this week's posting, I will keep any further writing to a minimum and let the following pictures speak for themselves.  Each year when I visit the museum when the Christmas display is opened to the public, I am always amazed at the unique twist on decorating from year to year.  Let me say that while there are several professional florists involved in the decorating of the mansion, there are also other volunteers like myself who are not.  I really enjoy getting a "heads-up" from the professional florists as to what is the yearly trend in Christmas colors and decorating.  They truly inspire the creativity in all of us. 

So grab a cup of peppermint hot chocolate,  a warm cozy blanket and enjoy the pictures that are truly enchanting as they are magical.  At the same time, let the joy and blessedness of the start of the Christmas season bring happiness and peace to your busy planning, preparations and upcoming holiday celebrations.



























3 comments:

  1. There are so many creative ideas here, especially the mannequin. The trees are lavishly decorated as well, I can imagine how much time they took to achieve such beautiful results.

    Happy decorating!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful! Thank you for the tour!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful decorations! I love the colors used to theme the trees! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete